Thursday, May 28, 2009

Champagne BBQ?

Dear Mr. Steichen,

Tomorrow I'm going to a "champagne bbq" given by a close friend and her fiance. It is for all intents and purposes an engagement party. Do I bring a gift? I'll for sure send a wedding gift, and if invited to a shower, give a gift then as well. But what does one do for a "champage bbq"??

No gift. Especially if you feel confident that the bride is not the gift-grubbing type. And it doesn't seem as though that is the case, since if she were throwing an event with gifts as the goal, she probably would have thrown a shower.

If you want to be festive or generous, you can bring some champagne to contribute to the festivities, but even then I wouldn't say you're required.

1 comment:

Got the World on a Ping said...

Jennifer and I were JUST talking about Human(e) Behavior yesterday. Glad you're still blogging!

Jean